Thursday, April 6, 2017

Twentieth Jump (Shadowrun) Part 2

The Yandere Has Returned

            After the long, in-depth explanation of what was going on, they handed over a small crate of equipment that they had been told to give me, one for Yankaka, and one for Bang with a different assortment for each of us. Mine, specifically, came with a rifle with a little card attached to it that called it a ‘Yamaha Raiden’ that came with an internal suppressor, a smartgun system, and a recoil suppressant stock… Neat. There was also a small ring in the crate, which I slipped onto one of my fingers, a small, wasp-like drone, and a smartphone-looking thing that they called a commlink, which I simply slipped into my pocket.
            Yankaka’s simply came with a new, armored hoodie that, well… You couldn’t even tell the difference between it and her regular clothing, a commlink of a different design, and a book on accepting your new, cybernetic self. Bang’s was the smallest of all of our crates, only possessing a new outfit, a commlink, and a taser… The two new ones said that he wouldn’t need much else. With everything in tow, we set out to climb into their van and get acquainted with the neighborhood.
            With them in the front of the van and us in the back, I simply took my time on linking up the drone and the rifle with my own cybernetics, specifically the mental control of Shenfield from Black Bullet, which was already linked to my ‘natural’ HUD. Didn’t have a smartlink, so I had to improvise on getting everything to work properly through the odd mix of my own biology… if you could call it that anymore… and my new technomancy abilities. Those little sprites were quite helpful, honestly. They were in the visible world to me and any that I created were like little, humanoid wisps of a blue-black coloration.
            While Jayla and Gerald were busy talking, mostly explaining everything that was going on, they did ask a few questions about all of us. We each answered in turn, but otherwise there wasn’t anything of any real interest going on up until we arrived at a club (Seriously, these things were apparently everywhere in this place. Can’t even specific which one it was because there were three that were connected to it.) and they told me to get into something fancy and talk to an elven man with long, purple hair. Seemed simple enough. Though, they did warn me to act like I knew her for years and that we were dating… Which made Yankaka visibly and audibly uncomfortable.
            “Why? Honestly this doesn’t exactly seem professional to begin with.” I stated as my clothing shifted into a basic suit-tie configuration, I activated ‘civilian mode’ for my power armor, and shifted my internals around into a much more human configuration. Because of how this world functioned, I honestly toggled everything off except enough to keep myself on par with others. “Cause he’ll be acting the same way and is expectin’ such in return when he sees a blue tie with a lion’s head print.” The dwarf, which he apparently was a dwarf, pointed out with a small thumb over to my tie, which I shifted into the proper pattern and the coloration before climbing out of the van.
            Because of the situation, I had my Zenith my Deus Ex in a formed holster underneath the suit at the small of my back. They told me that cameras were just about everywhere, so I was being extremely mindful to stay as ‘human’ as possible. As far as the drone was concerned, I had directed a sprite to inhabit it and instructed them to stay within thirty feet and keep an eye out for the elf in question as I slipped past the bouncer with a flash of a false ID and waded into a large, hopping group of people.
            I was blinded by the sheer amount of color, body shapes, light shows, deafening music, and my newly-acquired technomancy was allowing me to pick up all of the augmented reality displays and additions that were present…. So. Many. Fucking. Advertisements. Everywhere.
            The drone’s POV was up in the right-hand corner of my vision as I went along through the club, glancing around at each individual face that I could see, but sadly there were just too many people… and about ten elves with long, purple hair that I came across and roughly six of them were male or, at the least, where I was unable to actually tell what gender they were at a glance. Hopefully they found me first, if anything else…
------------------------------------------------------
            Back in the van, Yankaka was nestled back into one corner of the vehicle while Bang was off with Jayla and Gerald talking to them about the importance of love and justice as they obviously required the lessons of truth for they possessed neither of those things. However, that left Yankaka unattended, left to her own potentially psychotic devices.
            The feline woman was holding onto the wooden carving of her obsession between her hidden hands, a single claw visible and currently in use to slowly carve away any splinters and, with the use of her new eyes, work to add an ever-increasing amount of detail through the use of magnification and a picture that she had took of him when he wasn’t paying attention. She had even tested the enhancements of her ears to record a few words that he had stated when the small man and the large woman were explaining everything, something she had only paid half-attention to.
            Her voice was quiet, loving, but held an edge of… discomfort to it near the end of each sentence as if an old, untouched screw was slowly loosening in her head once again. “Nice Guy is My Guy… Why does Yankaka feel uncomfortable, nya? Nice Guy busy here… Not pay attention to Yankaka. Busy last place, too, nya. Place before that…”
            The Kaka took a moment to rub her invisible cheek, her ears flattening down a hint. “No… Yankaka and Nice Guy went on date, nya… He ran off… Came back and Yankaka ruined the date- No.” She hummed, her claw gently tapping at her unseen cheek as she thought over it for a moment. “No… Yankaka no ruin date, nya. Competition did…” Her fang-filled smile quickly dropped down into a frown, her claw coming back down to stroke along the curve of the carving’s cheek with a small growl. “They get in the way… They always in the way, nya. Back where Yankaka’s from, waitress at our date, people nyou fight get in the way, nya.”
            With a long, drawn-out sigh, the spited woman attempted to calm herself, simply stroking along the carving’s cheek while playing those same few words in her ears to try and cheer herself up. She knew that this wasn’t proper… That her Tadek wouldn’t approve of such, as he would put it, discomforting behavior. He didn’t need to know, though. “Don’t worry… Yankaka will take care of it… Yankaka won’t let people get between us again, nya. Yankaka stronger… Can do more. Yankaka make sure that no one attacks, no one tries to take you from me.”

            The woman brought the carving close to her chest with a comfortable, relaxed exhale before stowing it away in her jacket once again. “First… Horn Girl must learn… Tell her that Nice Guy is Yankaka’s before she tries, nya… Get her alone…” Bang suddenly piped up with a “Miss Yankaka of the Kaka Clan! Come here and help me explain to them that they truly can be good people!” That broke her concentration, her smile returning as she moved to the front of the van to help Bang out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment