Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Twentieth Jump (Shadowrun) Part 3

Espionage and Murder

            It took a little more time, sifting through the jumping, dancing, and otherwise sweaty bodies of the club-goers, but eventually the sprite signaled to me that it picked up someone who matched the rather vague description that I was given; a male elf with long, purple hair, that was currently advancing upon my position.
            I simply remained where I was for the moment, checking my commlink for various features to pass the short instance between learning that someone was approaching and the feeling of a pair of thin arms slipping in around shoulders to pull me in. “Hey, Sweetie! There you are. Got lost in the crowd again, didn’t you?” Honestly, I felt quite uncomfortable from the attention and was forced to resist the urge to slam my elbow into their gut as they came in close… Thankfully to whisper something to me. “Just act natural. It’s not like I am going to shove my hand down your pants. Follow my lead.”
            With a small huff, I followed along as they led me off to one of the booths off to the side that possessed a white noise generator, if the constant buzzing in the back of my eardrum was any hint at such a thing existing. It was annoying, but required for privacy. Once we took a seat, they stayed a bit too close for comfort, one arm wrapped around my ribs, and kept a cheerful, flirtatious demeanor the entire conversation, which only made things ever more awkward for me. “Here I thought that you were supposed to be the greatest infiltrator in the world according to your friends. A little too stiff to be any good at acting.”
            “While I am very good at disguising myself and going unseen… Acting isn’t part of my skill set. Now, what is the job, hmm? You won’t have to worry about anything going wrong with whatever tasks you give me.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Yankaka had climbed out of the van at Gerald’s direction, ducking into an alleyway while Jayla went across the street to take care of her own given task. The cat woman was given a very simple task… Keep an eye out for anyone suspicious approaching the building or attempting to enter through the roof and restrain them. There was a straight-up bounty on Tadek’s head that was posted by one of the AAA mega-corporations on a public forum.
This fact simply fueled her reemerging instability… She knew that Tadek had done a few bad things in his past, actions that made the very criminals and monsters they came across appear more as innocent sheep than the cruel, immoral beings that they were. Yankaka forgave him, though. There was no reason to as he had done nothing to harm her on purpose, but he showed her the sweet nectar of forgiveness so she showed him the same in return. What was it that he said…
            That question stalled the kaka for a moment just as she hauled herself up onto the flat, square roof of the club. What did he say again? With a little whine, she patted at the side of her head for a moment, trying her best to remember what he had said about her, but eventually her attention was brought back to the forefront when her commlink buzzed for a moment in one of the inner pockets of her jacket.
It was Jayla on the other end, a few clicks and the sound of shifting in the background as the large troll spoke. “Hey, Kitten! Wake up over there. I don’t know what your boyfriend did when he came here, but it really shook up the Samurai. They probably won’t send the Reds in, but keep an eye out. Don’t know how they would find him here, but you can’t be too careful.” The feline woman took just a moment to glance over toward the other building and give a small nod… Mostly because she couldn’t touch the little push-to-talk button on her commlink and had answered the call by sheer accident as she was still getting used to the way her new jacket covered her hands.
Thankfully it was Jayla who ended the call and Yankaka simply tucked the commlink back into her jacket as she, while staying low to the ground, made her way along the top of the roof to keep an eye out for any possible intruders. Hmm… She was going to drag Tadek out on a date… Yes, that should make up for all of those times that he went off to work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            “So… You want me to sneak into one of Saeder-Krupp’s facilities, implant a datachip into one of the internal decks that are a part of the mainframe… so to speak… and get out without anyone knowing that I was there to begin with? So, you’re giving a new guy an extremely difficult task?” I asked simply, my eyes closing slightly as I gave the elf a rather confused look.
            He simply gave my shoulders a squeeze and slipped me the datachip with a quick movement of his hand beneath the table. “Just finish the job and I will make sure to get that criminal status on your SIN revoked. Deal?” I slid the datachip into my sleeve and slowly pulled away from the other man, of course making sure to at least play on the whole act that we were dating, which we weren’t… It honestly twisted my stomach into knots, but work was work in the end and we had done nothing more than a hug here and there.
            “Right. It shall be done… No worries. Just give me about a month. Have a nice afternoon.” Once I was finished speaking, I sauntered on out of the building and back toward the van that I had climbed out of. Come to find out, Yankaka was missing as Jayla was just climbing back into the van.
            “Don’t worry, String Bean. Your girlfriend’s on her way. Saw her climbing down the side of the building.” Stated the troll with a small chuckle from the dwarf from the nickname that she had apparently gave me. Well… At least no one had died.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
            “Nice Guy’s going to be mad at Yankaka, nya.” The feline woman whined softly, her claws dragging on out of the body of a purple-haired elf that she had personally thought was the one he had been talking to. She saw everything through the skylight on the roof, every little action simply causing her blood to boil and her claws to scratch at the stone of the rooftop.
            She had waited for a purple-haired elf to come out of the building, simply dropping down upon them and sinking her claws straight into their ribs, severing bone, lacerating blood vessels, and puncturing their lungs in a single, harsh motion. They writhed for a few moments, but it was a quick death. It was all to prove a point that no one was to touch her Tadek. He was going to be so mad, if he found out, though… She knew that, but he didn’t need to know.

            Once her claws were free and the blood wiped away on their clothes, the kaka could already hear a few of Nice Guy’s words because of her audio implants. ‘Good’ was the word that she kept repeating, her nearly invisible lips pulling up into a broad, fanged smile as she knowingly used a recording to reinforce her actions. “He will like it in the end… Yankaka did good, nya. Yankaka did good…”

1 comment:

  1. Edgecoat needs to get some therapy perks. He needs them for him and Yankaka oh and maybe stop by ecplise phase for some psychosurgery.

    ReplyDelete